Thinking About the Planet
Here at Airlane we’ve been taking notice of the current climate change protests, and we know that something needs to be done to help protect this planet and every living thing that inhabits it. We decided to look at ourselves to try and make sure we are being as environmentally friendly as possible, both in the office and with the jobs we do. If we all make a small change with how we live our lives, we can make a big difference to this world.
Reducing Our Plastic Usage
Did you know?
- The amount of plastic waste generated annually in the UK is estimated to be nearly 5 million tonnes. (WRAP)
- 13 billion plastic carrier bags are used in the UK each year. Shoppers worldwide are using approximately 500 billion single-use plastic bags per year.
- Plastic can take up to 500 years to decompose.
- 75% of post consumer plastic waste is sent to landfill.
- Plastic bags and other plastic rubbish kill thousands of animals every year
- More than 40 species of fish, globally, are known to consume plastic.
All types of plastic are recyclable. We try and reuse as much plastic as we can when packaging up orders, to reduce the waste from packages we get in ourselves. We reuse boxes, bubble wrap, packing peanuts and even jiffy bags! Anything that we can’t reuse gets recycled, so none of our packaging goes to landfill if we can help it! We have also reduced the amount of single-use plastic bottles we bring into the office.
To cut down on the amount of paper we use, we have been switching over to electronic invoices, orders and statements, so we only print out when it’s absolutely necessary.
Cylinder Repair and Servicing
Instead of sending your old and worn cylinders to landfill, send them to Airlane and we will strip them down, clean and repair them good as new! Not only does this help save the planet, but it also could save you money from buying a whole new cylinder. We understand that most cylinders are inexpensive meaning that the costs to repair them outweighs the cost of new cylinders. However, notable exceptions include Heavy Duty Cylinders, Pneumatic Rodless Cylinders, Electric Drive Rodless Cylinders and Pressure Boosters. At Airlane we have amassed a wealth of knowledge and experience repairing these types of cylinders from various manufacturers including Norgren, Festo, Parker Origa, SMC, CKD, MetalWork, Univer, etc. We use only genuine service kits and spares supplied directly from the original manufacturer. Find out more – https://www.airlane.co.uk/web/repair-and-servicing/